Taking Risk Room 2567-1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
31Krit005
31Krit005
ครูชำนาญการ
ครูชำนาญการ

As a future English teacher, what do you think about wearing a retainer while teaching? Empty As a future English teacher, what do you think about wearing a retainer while teaching?

Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:05 pm
As someone who used to wear braces to straighten my teeth, I know that to maintain perfect alignment, we have to wear a retainer all day for 1-2 years to keep our teeth in the right position. After that, we only need to wear it at night while sleeping. To be honest, I find it very difficult to pronounce words in English while wearing a retainer, and making my pronunciation goes wrong. As a future English teacher, I'm concerned that this might confuse students if I don't pronounce words correctly. What do you all think about this?

Krit 005 3EN
23Kornrawee035
บัณฑิตครู
บัณฑิตครู

As a future English teacher, what do you think about wearing a retainer while teaching? Empty Re: As a future English teacher, what do you think about wearing a retainer while teaching?

Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:32 pm
I don't think wearing a retainer while teaching is a good idea. Retainers reduce the clarity of speaking and can make students don't understand when teaching. Also, when you pronounce words or sentences, it can make students mishear of that words or sentences. So, I don't prefer wearing a retainer while teaching.

Kornrawee 035 2EN
31Sasikarn035
ครูชำนาญการ
ครูชำนาญการ

As a future English teacher, what do you think about wearing a retainer while teaching? Empty Re: As a future English teacher, what do you think about wearing a retainer while teaching?

Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:45 pm
I used to talk with my friends about wearing retainer while teaching is really hard to do. Me and my friends have a retainer but we never wear it while we are going outside. We only wear it only in the night time. Once, I asked my doctor about when we have to wear a retainer, and my doctor said I have to wear it in when I am sleeping. For me when I am wearing a retainer, it made me feel hard to speak correctly. So, I do not want to wear it when I have to talk to other people.

Sasikarn 035 3EN
31Natthamon017
31Natthamon017
ผู้อำนวยการ
ผู้อำนวยการ

Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:02 pm
The answer is “No”. In my daily life I did not even wear it, so wearing it while teaching is definitely not a good idea. When I wear a retainer I feel like I am a person with a pronunciation impediment, even in Thai, my first language. I think if I wear and speak, I am going to feel my tongue is bigger and full in my mouth. Moreover, It seems like my saliva will spill from my mouth to splash to my students, something like that.

Natthamon 017 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน
Permissions in this forum:
คุณไม่สามารถพิมพ์ตอบ